Qualifications and helpful information - Read carefully before applying
- A South Carolinian who is a member of a Southern Baptist Convention church and attending one of our six Southern Baptist Seminaries: Golden Gate, Midwestern, New Orleans, Southeastern, Southern or Southwestern in the graduate level program (Those in the undergraduate program do not qualify).
- Applicants must be approved by their home church in South Carolina.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student or Christian Ministry graduate and maintain a grade point average of "C" or its equivalent.
- Scholarships will be given only to students who are preparing to serve as members of ministerial staff of churches cooperating with the Southern Baptist Convention or to serve on the boards, agencies or institutions of State Baptist Convention's or of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Scholarships will be given only to students who need assistance in meeting the cost of their seminary tuition and fees.
- This assistance is only for fall and spring terms and is not available for short-term "J" term or summer school. No student will be eligible to receive the scholarship for more than (3) three years.
Note: Applicants will be informed about receipt of the scholarship by letter. Scholarships are sent directly to the SBC seminary or SCBC university to be applied to tuition and academic fees. In order to receive a scholarship, an application must be made each year. These scholarships are not avaialble for doctoral level students.
Application Deadline- Midnight on March 15th
Before completing the online application at the link below, please download and print a church recommendation form. Have your SCBC church complete it and mail signed originals to the address on the form. A completed church recommendation is mandatory for first year applicants to be considered for a scholarship award.
In order to complete the application, you will need to supply the name and address of the South Carolina Baptist Church which endorsed your application to seminary/graduate program.